In addition to physical damage to their bodies, those people injured in car accidents can also be plagued with stress and anxiety from being involved in such as traumatic event. If you were injured in a car accident in Ocoee, or anywhere else for that matter, then you might be wondering what steps you can take to heal faster. So, what can you do to hasten your recovery?
- R & R – Also known as rest & relaxation, getting plenty of rest is paramount after any traumatic event such as an auto accident. Some people return to work far too soon after a car accident. Although you might feel obligated to get back you your job as soon as possible, it’s one of the costliest mistakes that you could make, and you also risk further injuring yourself.
- H2O – The chemical formula for water, two hydrogens and one oxygen can be your best friend after suffering from any significant injury. According to many health experts, the intake of extra fluids can help reduce the inflammation in your body. Adding additional minerals, like Vitamin C, can also help repair any damaged tissue caused by the car accident.
- Exercise – Not meant to contradict rest and relaxation, but participating in gentle exercises as soon as you get clearance from your health care practitioner to do so after your accident can be very beneficial to your recovery. Some physicians will encourage a light walking regimen as soon as you are able to.
- Lifting – The general rule of thumb is to avoid lifting anything that may weight over 5 pounds. Since many items can be deceivingly heavy, when in doubt, ask for assistance when attempting to lift those heavier items to avoid aggravating your injuries.
- Physiotherapy – Physiotherapy is the treatment of injury, deformity or disease by physical methods such as exercise, ice, and heat rather than by drugs or surgery. Physiotherapy is commonly known to be used post surgically to rehabilitate soft tissues such as after a knee or shoulder surgery. It is also great for rehabilitation of neck and back pain whether post injury or of a gradual onset. In our office, we find our patient’s respond best when physiotherapy is combined with chiropractic care. This way we ensure the best possible alignment of the injured joint as we apply appropriate stretching, strengthening exercises and necessary modalities such as electric muscle stimulation, ultrasound, heat, or ice.
Total Health & Rehab’s office is proud to have, all in one location, the eyes and hands of a medical doctor and a chiropractor available to help those who may have been injured in a car accident in Ocoee and the Orlando, FL region. For an Orlando Physical Therapy Evaluation, call the office today at 407-522-5858 to schedule and see how we can help you heal in the best possible way. Whether you are post-surgical, your pain came on gradually, or you suffered an injury at work or playing sports, we can help.