Chiropractor for Sciatica: Providing Effective Solutions for Back pain… it’s a nagging condition that affects a majority of the population, and it can be caused by anything from car accidents to lighting heavy objects improperly. But, one of the most common types of back pains is known as sciatica. According to the Mayo Clinic, “Sciatica refers to pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve, which branches from your lower back through your hips and buttocks and down each leg. Although the pain associated with sciatica can be severe, most cases resolve with non-operative treatments in a few weeks.” http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sciatica/basics/definition/con-20026478
So, if you are suffering from mild aches, or excruciating pain on one side of your body, then it is possible that your sciatica nerve is pinched and you may need to see a specialist, such as a chiropractor for sciatica.
Like the experts with the Mayo Clinic pointed out, it is possible to find relief from the pain associated with sciatica without surgery. In fact, there are several non-invasive treatment options available that have been proven highly effective including:
- Acupuncture – A staple of Chinese medicine, acupuncture involves the insertion of needles into specific points along meridians of the body in an effort to achieve a balanced flow of energy. In turn, this balance should reduce the pain one is suffering from. One advantage associated with this technique is that there are little to no side effects, but the overall benefits have been difficult to accurately measure.
- Yoga – Stretching exercises can help reduce back pain significantly by strengthening muscles and improving flexibility. Like acupuncture, practicing yoga has virtually no side effects and helps maintain overall health and inhibit the development of diseases.
- Massage – Since the sciatic nerve is located underneath a substantial amount of muscle and other tissues, accessing it via massage requires dedicated trigger point and deep-tissue techniques. It can be an effective treatment for not only sciatica pain, but also reducing stress and overall muscle tension.
- Injections – Steroid injections into the lower back can be prescribed for those suffering from back pain who have been unable to find relief using other techniques. However, such injections can contribute to loss of bone density, so they can only be prescribed a few times each year.
- Medications – In some cases, over-the-counter medication like ibuprofen can be helpful for sciatica.
- Chiropractic Care – Chiropractic care continues to be one of the most successful treatment options for sciatica pain relief. Numerous research studies have been conducted and conclude that chiropractic care is safe and clinically effective.
If you are suffering from back pain in Orlando, then you should consider consulting an experienced Chiropractor for Sciatica at Total Health & Rehab for non-invasive solutions for your chronic pain.