Whether it’s a dull ache, or sharp-shooting agony, car accident back pain can quickly become overwhelming if it’s not treated properly. Thankfully, victims of car accidents do have a variety of effective pain management options available. If you are suffering from chronic back pain from a car accident, then you will have to determine what type of pain management technique will best suit your needs.
For instance, there are three different categories of pain management including: non-invasive, non-drug pain management, non-invasive, pharmacologic pain management and invasive pain management. Since each respective category has advantages and disadvantages, you will need to determine which one will benefit you the most.
Non-invasive, non-drug pain management involves a variety of effective techniques for treating car accident back pain. This category incorporates many of the following pain management programs offered right at Total Health & Rehab Orlando:
• Physiotherapy – In lieu of prescribing drugs with adverse side effects, or surgery which can take months to recover from, physiotherapy relies upon utilizing physical methods such as exercise, ice and heat in the treatment of injuries.
• Chiropractic Care – Another method of treatment that does not use drugs or surgery, chiropractic care focuses on restoring the natural structure of your body. Researched benefits of chiropractic adjustments include reduced neck and back pain, lower blood pressure and headache relief.
• Acupuncture – Derived from traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture involves inserting very fine needles through the skin at strategic points on the surface of the body in an effort to relieve pain. Acupuncture has been found to alleviate everything from neck and back pain to herniated disks and sciatica.
• Spinal Decompression – If you are looking to treat your lower back pain or sciatica without the use of drugs or surgery, then spinal decompression can help by working to bring vital components such as water, oxygen and nutrients back into the disc in order to help it heal. Ask about the success rate of our patients using the “Harrison Method” to treat their pain!
• Exercise—Sometimes, car accident back pain can be effectively managed with a proper excursive regimen. There are a variety of water therapy exercises that have been designed for the sole purpose of alleviating low back or neck pain.
Did you know that patients who undergo Spinal Decompression and follow the protocol strictly have experienced an 85% plus success rate with either a significant reduction in pain and disability, avoidance of surgery, or both? So, many of these non-invasive, non-drug pain management techniques have already been proven to be not only beneficial for pain, but also very affordable given the first office visit typically costs less than $100.
Total Health & Rehab is also one of the only integrated health practices around the greater Orlando vicinity that offers a Free Chiropractor Consultation & Free Health Evaluation via phone or webcam.